miércoles, 18 de enero de 2012

Good people

     I have to say that I don't have a person who I considered the greatest chilean, maybe because I have never thought it. I don't want to talk about someone famous, I think is more interesting talk about these people that only a few know. I have someone in mind, I don't believe he was the greatest chilean but he was a good man.
     I don't like priets, but, incredibly, I'm thinking in a priest! He's father Demetrio, from my town. His family was very rich, but he was very poor, and that  was because he took poverty vows. Even, he don't have contact with his family, he always said that the only thing that they aprecciated was money, and decided to don't talk with them and never ask them nothing.
     He was the creator of many homes and  dining areas to poor and oldpeople; the only ones in Melipilla. Also you could find him many times in the week at the municipality, figthing for social benefits for workers and help for the construction of more homes and dining areas. For this acts, especially for the first one, municipality hate him.
      All in the town know him, he looks like and a very small and extremely slim oldman, like a weak person; but he was a danger when he take the wheel. He never had respect for traffic rules: he never drave slow, he never respect the traffic ligths, and he always was going against the traffic (once I heard that he don't know the streets!). The police never did anything, because father Demetrio enjoy figth with authority. Anyway, is wasn't necessary, all run away when sometone looked him driving.
          He is recognized like a very good man, beacuse he was the only one that never was tired of figh for the others. He died alone, without family, but every body in the time remembered him almost like a popular figure.
  

3 comentarios:

  1. Nice story! ... the people ude to apreciate the money above the rest of the daily thing you can do and learn about it...
    Althought, like I`ve heard nothing`s free...

    ResponderEliminar
  2. He was a very admirable person!! nice story :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I don't use to believe in priests, but considering what you said about him, he looked like a good person, very good actually...I think he's one of the exceptions of this life.

    ResponderEliminar